+65 6737 3411
The American Club is Singapore’s favourite Social and Sports Club, a unique private community where Members ofmore than 60 nationalities with diverse and dynamic cultureand their families enjoy superb facilities, outstanding dining expereience and a high level of service.
American Club American Club Singapore Singapore Club Family Club Sport Club Sports Club The American Club Singapore
Dec 8, 2023
Earning a degree from an elite American university confers a distinct advantage in the job market – while offering students the chance to develop truly global academic and professional networks – but chances of gaining entry dwindle as numbers of applications to highly selective colleges rise to record levels. Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Princeton and MIT all saw their already historically low admission rates fall in 2022. Highly selective small colleges have followed the same trend.
If your child is considering university in the United States, join renowned US admissions consultant Chris Ajemian for an in-depth look at the opportunities available to students at America’s most prestigious colleges and universities.
Designed for Singaporean and expat families who wish to get the latest information on the post-COVID-19 admissions landscape, the presentation will discuss:
• The rising number of applications to elite institutions and how to adjust strategy to compensate
• The impact of the “test optional” movement on students applying from abroad during the 2022-2023 school year and beyond
• An overview of the US application process for international students
• How to work with your secondary school’s admissions counsellor AND an independent counsellor
• Special considerations for applicants from highly competitive markets like Singapore
• Why US universities assess applicants so differently to those in the UK and elsewhere – and what this means for your family’s admissions strategy
Thursday, November 17, 2022
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
About Chris and CATES
An alumnus of Harvard University’s Graduate School of Education, Chris Ajemian is one of the world’s most sought-after admissions consultants and the CEO of CATES, a global education firm based in New York and London. Fixtures of the US admissions space for two decades, Chris and the CATES team use their up-to-date and intimate knowledge of each institution’s priorities, processes, and players to help applicants rise to the top of the admissions pool. CATES has helped thousands of American and international students secure spots at top US universities and over $150M in financial aid.
Geoff has been an educator since 2001, when he completed his Master’s work at Columbia University’s Teachers College. First as a history, law, and government teacher at Manhattan’s Beacon School, and later as an experiential educator and non-profit program director, Geoff has developed a passion for working with adolescents to help them become confident, thoughtful adults. As Director of Enrollment for CATES Tutoring, Geoff manages and oversees business development and partnerships with individuals, businesses, and educational institutions in New York City and around the world.
Terms & Conditions
• Register by Wednesday, November 16, 2022
• Guests will have to be accompanied by Members to access this event
For more information, please drop by the Concierge, call 6737-3411, or email email@example.com