+65 6737 3411
The American Club is Singapore’s favourite Social and Sports Club, a unique private community where Members ofmore than 60 nationalities with diverse and dynamic cultureand their families enjoy superb facilities, outstanding dining expereience and a high level of service.
American Club American Club Singapore Singapore Club Family Club Sport Club Sports Club The American Club Singapore
Oct 2, 2022
During the redevelopment, the Club’s hot water system was relocated to the Claymore Rooftop (L4) and distributes hot water supply throughout the building, all the way to sên Spa, located on Basement 3. The pipes alone, including of the branch lines, is of a length of 350 meters. This design causes pressure loss in the countless valves and turns in the main system. As such, we have been experiencing fluctuating water temperature, loss of hot water supply, and heat loss in the pipes when unused for a period of time. This has been a disputed defect for way too long so we have budgeted to rectify it with a new independent system by the beginning of October.
The hot water system is located at the Claymore Rooftop (L4) and distributes hot water supply throughout the building, all the way to sên Spa, located on Basement 3. The pipes alone, inclusive of the branch lines, are of a length of 350 meters. This causes pressure loss happening in the countless valves and turns in the main system. As such, we have been experiencing three main issues.
1. Fluctuating water temperature – Due to unbalanced pressure in the system.
2. Loss of hot water supply – This happens when there is more demand elsewhere in the Club that drains more supply to other branches. For example, when the kitchen is using hot water for cleaning the dishes.
3. Heat loss in the pipes when unused for a time period – This is most common in the mornings when our team and Members have to flush the residual cold water in the pipes resulting in wastage.
This is being disputed by both the consultant and contractor since the redevelopment handover of the system. They have done multiple “enhancements” but still the problem is unresolved. Worse still, we were unable to get involved as we cannot risk Defect Liability Period (DLP) causing more disputes. When DLP was finalized in July, the outcome of the dispute has still left problems. Management decided that we settle this ourselves as we cannot wait any longer. Hence, a budget was put for the hot water system in the Capex for FY2023.
This project is spearheaded personally by Nerang, assisted by Azlan. We have engaged M/S Aumada Pte Ltd who has done and resolved many hot water issues for their clients.
After many inspections and discussions, we have come to what we believe is the best solution for the Club.
• To install four sets of 100-liter heat pumps supplying to both male and female B2 showers.
• This system will be independent, therefore reducing the demand from the main hot water line.
• There will also be a bypass connected to the main line as a redundancy plan, in the unlikely event that any one of the system breaks down.
• With the reduction in demand from B2 showers, hot water volume to other areas in the Club will improve.
Savings per month = $1,135
We are now aggressively actioning the works, many of which can only be done after midnight. We are pushing for completion by the beginning of October.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank Members for their patience and understanding.