A lot can be said about the Members who walk through the doors of The American Club. They are sophisticated, well travelled and demand only the best life has to offer. The Club offers life’s little luxuries and even necessities, conveniently located in Singapore’s business district. The Club has created an exclusive sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of city living. This is where our Members come to experience a higher standard of personalized service and a host of amenities designed to let them live life to the fullest.
The same can be said about the employees who walk through our doors. When you have an audience as special as ours, nothing short of exceptional will suffice. Hence, our relentless pursuit of best practices for our most prized asset, the employee. Go ahead, take the first step and experience this place affectionately known to us as Our Club and see for yourself, what the fuss is all about.
Click here to find out what our staff think about working at The Club.
We provide rewarding professional work experiences, advancement opportunities and attractive compensation packages.
• Responsible for the smooth operations of all aspects of The Club accounting system
• Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of The Club accounts and all related management reporting
• Lead and manage the Accounts and Payroll teams and ensure the delivery of goals, objectives and ad hoc accounting projects
• Play a critical support role in the annual Operating and Capital Budget process
• Prepare accurate forecasts of The Club’s financial position
• Responsible for the cash management function
• Oversee the processing of Club-wide payroll and submission of reports to the CPF Board and the IRAS
• Liaise with bankers, auditors and tax consultants
• Handle all reporting, including Annual Report and liaison with relevant statutory boards
• Participate in Finance and Investment Committee meetings as one of The Club’s Management representatives as and when needed
• Play a critical support role in ensuring Club-wide compliance with systems of internal control and standard operating policies and procedures
• A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with a Degree in Accountancy or an equivalent professional qualification
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience, overseeing an Accounts team in a Managerial capacity
• Previous work experience in the hospitality industry with payroll and cost control exposure will be an advantage
• Strong working knowledge of EXCEL and accounting in a computerized environment
• Well-versed with current Singapore Financial Reporting requirements and Singapore Tax Laws
• Able to work independently and motivate a team of staff to achieve department objectives
• Strong leadership with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Plays a critical role in developing the Membership budget and is responsible for directing the Membership team to deliver the budget
• Plays a critical role in developing and executing the annual Membership marketing plan to achieve The Club’s new Member target
• Responsible for regular Membership reporting, review and analysis of department performance
• Key Management representative at Membership Committee meetings where Membership policies are developed and Membership appeals are reviewed
• Key Management contact person for all prospects and Club Members on general Club and membership matters
• Directly supports the recruitment of new Members by representing The Club at marketing events, fielding enquiries and conducting tours
• Tracks and reports on the effectiveness of marketing and sales initiatives
• Maintains strong networks with community partners, selected International schools, as well as American and Canadian corporations and embassies
• Directs the Membership team to deliver department goals, support all Membership administration and Member relations matters
• A recognized Degree in Business Management, Sales & Marketing or Hospitality
• Good track record of developing and executing marketing plans and tracking effectiveness
• Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills, with an outgoing personality
• Strong appreciation for cultural diversity, and able to work across different cultures
• Previous experience living or working overseas will be a strong advantage
• Previous experience in leading a team in a fast-paced work environment
• Able to multi-task and possess strong attention to details
• Able to work on shifts and alternate Saturdays
• Strong management skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Nail Technician (Part-Time)
• Provide nail care consultation
• Perform nail treatments
• Perform range of professional nail services such as nail art, extensions, gel nail services.
• Possess relevant knowledge of nail services including basic knowledge of hand and foot massage techniques and a neat polish application.
• Possess excellent cleanliness and hygiene practices.
• Relevant Nail Certification
• Willingly to work on weekends / public holidays and retail operation hours
• Those with passion and talent but with limited experience are welcome to apply
If you are keen to join our dynamic team, kindly email us with a detailed resume, stating current & expected salaries, contact number (s) to:
Senior Director of People Development
The American Club
10 Claymore Hill, Singapore 229573
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Personal data collected is for recruitment purposes only. All documents including CV, birth certificates, school certificates, and written references will be kept for a period of three (3) months before it is destroyed, in accordance with our Personal Data retention guidelines.
Personal data that you provide either via email or The Club's employment application forms will be used by and may be transmitted to other departments for the purpose of the administration, evaluation and management of your application. The use and transfer of this data are only for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, utilizing appropriate security measures and in compliance with all relevant data protection laws. By sending your resume via email or providing personal data via application forms, you consent to the collecting, processing, and use of your personal data as outlined in this notice.
By declining to accept our data privacy agreement, we will not be able to process your application.
By accepting our data privacy agreement, you are agreeing that you have read and understand the above statement.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by a member of our People Development team. In accordance with our Data Protection Policy, personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from our system within three months of the application date.